How many people do you know who:
- Do a live video every day.
- Write a blog post daily.
Probably not too many.
There was another big page dude on FB who used to go live every day, and he kept it up for 2 years. But he did it in the heyday of Lives…back when they actually were valuable! Now they’re not great for engagement or findability, but I still have great talks with followers.
My big mistake here is not interviewing super movers & shakers. It would bring my Lives to the next level.
Blogs: Yes, I’ve previously mentioned how Seth Godin blogs daily, and has over 10,000 posts. I’m sure there’s a bunch of people who do the same. My big mistake here is not promoting this site more. The rule is 20% content creation and 80% marketing. I should go pound the pavement a bit.
Bonus mistake: I should also plan on creating some HUGE informational, be-all-end-all evergreen posts, if I’m going to gain traction. 🙂
Why do I do all this?
People follow people, not brands. At least, that’s what they say. I’m sure there’s truth to both sides of the coin. But I NEED to build rapport and also show followers that I’m a real person, and not a faceless/soulless entity behind the page.
EVENTUALLY…when I create some products, you’ll feel comfortable enough to purchase, since you know who’s behind it. That’s assuming I’ve done enough for you to “know, like, and trust” me. Have I provided enough value yet? I honestly think there’s a LOT more I can do.
To Dos for the near future:
- post all these blog post in their entirety on the FB page, even though they don’t perform well
- some authors have had huge success crossposting all their blog posts to Medium & LinkedIn daily (problem is, not many of these are informative enough for those platforms; or are they?)
- create a guest-blogging page on here, and ask constantly for guest posts
- keep thinking about a podcast; I think this is the last best time to get going on it
Thanks for tuning in. I’d appreciate a quick “hi” below so I know who amongst the regulars are showing up! I think I’ll add in FB comments to this, just to make it easier for you!