Yesterday I wrote about some previous polls and questions I had asked in the past about why people like motivational quotes. I also mentioned that several times the responses came back saying that people really want to improve their personal relationships, and quotes help them do that.
Yesterday’s Live video was also on this topic, and I posted another poll, but this time 88% of the replies came back saying people use quotes to simply improve themselves generally – “general self-improvement” was the label they chose.
It’s interesting how I get different answers at different times from different groups of people. I had expected multiple samples of people would stay somewhat consistent with their answers.
During the Live, I brought up the subject of what I can do for the community, what needs you all have, what problems need solving, and so forth. If I can home in on your problems and needs, I should be able to find products, services, books, or courses to help satisfy those burning needs.
This is still a work in progress, and it’s going to take some time. But of course, this is the dream scenario of anyone in my position. Develop a “platform”, find out what people want, give it to them, and voila! You have a successful business.
Other requests and suggestions from the crew
Last night a few other suggestions came up:
- Sell t-shirts and other merch to the tribe. Yes, we’ve spoken about this before, and after messing around with Redbubble, Amazon Merch, Printify, etc. but we settled on Teespring because it was the easiest to work with. I still need to integrate our store into the FB page and here in the blog….
- Somehow supply my quote pics as art for sale. I love this idea. 🙂 But we’ll discuss this more another time.
- Write my own short ebooks and offer them up. People seemed to not care WHAT I wrote about…only that I actually put something of value out into the world
- User generated content (UGC) of some kind. How can I get you Quote Bosses to submit them? How do I keep a steady stream coming in? How do we ensure they’re good quality?
We already have a Quotes group on FB for people to share their own, but while there’s lots of good stuff, there’s also a large amount of garbage/trash/rubbish. And a fair amount of stealing going on too.
Today I started asking people to submit their favourite quotes and then I’d make them into a pic at night. I used to do this a while back, but fizzled out after a year.
However, there’s a new problem: so far today, 1400 comments happened on that request/invitation. That’s a lot to sift through! Plus, it’s not quite UGC, is it? It IS, in a way, but if it makes MORE work for me, that’s not good. But if it engages people & makes them feel special, and makes them share more…that’s a good thing.
At any rate, lots to think about every single day! Thanks for following along with my ramblings!
Latest posts by shawn (see all)
- Episode 30-How Can You Find Balance? - December 7, 2019
- Episode 29-How To Find More Time - December 6, 2019
- Episode 28-It Was The Best of Quotes, It Was The Worst of Quotes - December 5, 2019