Have you ever seen the movie, “The Big Year”?
It’s a surprisingly good movie with Jack Black, Owen Wilson, and Steve Martin as completely obsessed bird watchers, all doing what’s a called a “big year”. This is when bird watchers attempt to identify as many birds as possible during a year. It’s a really BIG thing to them, and aside from the personal satisfaction, it comes with bragging rights and fame.
While I’m not after fame and bragging rights in an international competition, I have often thought what it would be like if I lived this self employment venture as a “big year”.
IF I were to live a big year, that would entail a lot of tough things, such as:
- a podcast (daily? weekly?)
- going all-in on Youtube, IGTV, and more
- actually spending 80% of my time on marketing & outreach
- product creation galore, vis-a-vis books and courses
I could go on and on, but you get the picture. I am doing a portion of these things, but there’s SO MUCH more I could do. Take my Live videos for instance. After doing them for a year, they really ought to be 10x better by now. Why not interview people? Why not stick to fully prepared scripts so I stay on-topic?
Either way, SOME movement forward is better than none!
What would a big year look like to YOU?
Latest posts by shawn (see all)
- Episode 30-How Can You Find Balance? - December 7, 2019
- Episode 29-How To Find More Time - December 6, 2019
- Episode 28-It Was The Best of Quotes, It Was The Worst of Quotes - December 5, 2019